Droit Penale Group: A Unit of Arjun Das Gulati Memorial Society, Prayagraj is organizing two-day National Symposium & Awards (Virtual) On “Law, Society and Changing Social Norms” & “Contemporary Legal Issues” on the 09th and 10th of January 2021.
Eminent personalities from various spheres of legal profession will be attending the symposium to share their perspective and expertise on the issue to be discussed. Through this symposium, we aspire to generate interest, enhance and leverage the understanding of the students in the ongoing dialogue of “Law, Society and Changing Social Norms” & “Contemporary Legal Issues” and its intricate dynamics. The objective of the symposium is to provide a platform to students of various law schools and members of the allied disciplines to have qualified discussions on various themes revolving around the topic.
This symposium will provide an opportunity to bring together the curious and inquisitive students to the legal luminaries and professionals who are involved in the area of Law and Society. The symposium will be an educative event consisting of invited talks and panel discussions to galvanize the targeted aware citizens for the benefit.
CALL FOR SUBMISSION
We are looking forward for proposals in form of abstracts, by the Academician, Corporate, Bureaucrat, policymakers, journalists, representatives of Government Organizations, civil society/NGOs, Lawyers, Research Scholars and Students, both from India and abroad. The Abstract should not only address the Key issues but also highlight different views and arguments in current scenario. The abstract should expressly include the novelty of the idea that the writer wishes to put forth. This should furthermore categorically mention the specific outcome of the research paper; however, it should provide the existing literature with the practical utility of author’s recommendations.
The abstract should not exceed 350 words. It shall also have minimum of three(3) keywords.
Full Paper: -
· The soft copy of the final research paper must be submitted in .doc/.docx format to with the subject “Research Paper Submission” at email@example.com
· A cover letter mentioning the Title of the paper and relevant sub-theme, Name of the Author(s), Course, Year of Study (if applicable), Name of the college/University (if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable), with Postal Address, Email address and Contact Number. Apart from the cover letter, there should not be anywhere mention of any of the details of the author/s. The file name must contain the name of the author(s) along with the name of the paper. (“Name of the author”, “Name of the research paper).
· Droit Penale Group: A Unit of Arjun Das Gulati Memorial Society keeping with the mandate of publishing original material adopts a stringent anti-plagiarism policy. Any paper containing any unattributed work is liable to be rejected and the authors have submitted the plagiarism report with the final submission, mandatorily.
· The WhatsApp group shall be formed and the participants will be shared all the details of the presentation and the link of the google meet.
Formatting Requirements: -
· The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
· The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing 1.0
· One-inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
· Citation style: ILI
· The maximum length of the paper shall not exceed 5500-6000words, (excluding the footnotes/end notes/annexure/reports etc).
· All the abstract submission is to be made in Microsoft Word (.doc) 2007/2010. Full paper has to be submitted in word file.
There shall be NO registration fee.
· The presentation is restricted to 5 minutes + 2 minutes time questions and answer.
· The selected author(s) have to submit I-Card of the concerned university/ college or Aadhar Card with the final submission.
There shall be the TWO awards for the Best Presentations in each theme. The winners will be awarded with Trophies, Certificates and the cash prize of 5,000/-
1. Late Shri. Arjun Das Gulati Best Presentation
2. Late Shri. Gopal Dutt Bhatt Best Presentation
All the submission sent must be original and should not have been published or under consideration for publication in any other journal. Plagiarized entries are liable to rejection.
There must not be any copyright issues with the paper sent for the publication purposes, and if any such issues are later discovered, Droit Penale Group: A Unit of Arjun Das Gulati Memorial Society, Prayagraj is not responsible in any regard. The editors reserve the right to delete or edit any article or part thereof whose content is found to be offensive, defamatory, out rightly unethical, or if it is suggestive of racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal or terror activities etc. The article is subject to be rejection if its content is likely to offend the religious or political sentiments of the readers. Droit Penale Group: A Unit of Arjun Das Gulati Memorial Society, Prayagraj reserves the right to publish the shortlisted papers. The shortlisted authors have to sign the copyright agreement with the publisher. Selected paper will be published with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number). If selected, the cost of procuring of the books shall be paid, which shall be available at the discounted rates to the author.
TIMELINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
§ Submission of Abstracts by: 20th December, 2020
§ Submission of full papers by: 02nd January, 2021
§ 4th National Symposium & Awards Date: 09th-10thJanuary 2021.
Official Website: www.droitpenaleiljcc.in
Whatsapp: 9792600921 Office: 0532-3552008
‘Droit Penale Group’ is an initiative taken in the legal field to provide the discussions on minute nuances involved in the intricacies of law in a simple and qualified manner. Droit Penale literally translates into ‘criminal law’ in French. However, our initiative is not only limited to criminal law but also on varieties of law. The Droit Penale: Indian Law Journal on Crime & Criminology was established in the year 2016, where in the year 2019 the Droit Penale: ILJCC was considered as the Group where we have started other ventures .